The thoroughly updated New Edition of this best-selling resource uses an algorithmic approach to facilitate the evaluation and management of 162 common surgical problems. Clear algorithms and concise accompanying explanations offer a quick and efficient way to review the key issues and make effective clinical decisions. 34 of the topics in this 5th Edition are either entirely new or have been completely rewritten, to reflect the latest developments in the field.
- Encompasses both general surgery and surgical subspecialties-helping readers to directly manage a broad range of problems, rather than referring them to specialists.
- Emphasizes information that frequently appears on board exams.
- Offers brand-new coverage of special issues in geriatric surgery · issues in surgical patients with HIV · obesity surgery · groin hernia · deep vein thrombosis · organ donation · blunt abdominal pediatric trauma · inguinal and scrotal conditions in children · anal fissure · and much more.
- Presents greatly expanded information on acute myocardial infarction and angina.
- Features completely new sections on Head & Neck and Trauma, collecting all of the topics relevant to these subspecialties together for greater ease of reference.
- Includes contributions from a new Editor-Robert C. McIntyre, MD-as well as many new authors, to ensure that the book covers the material that surgeons need to know today.