|Author(s):||D H Chestnut, C A Wong, L C Tsen, W D Ngan Kee, Y Beilin, J Mhyre|
|Size:||65.8 MB (68998646 bytes)||Extension:|
"...a comprehensive and contemporary, modern reference text." By British Journal of Anaesthesia, May 2015
"Chestnut and his 79 expert contributors have once again released a current guide to obstetric anesthesia that proves useful to both junior learners and subspecialty providers." By Canadian Journal of Anesthesia, Apr 2015
- Emphasizes the treatment of the fetus and the mother as separate patients with distinct needs to ensure the application of modern principles of care.
- Delivers contributions from many leaders in the fields of obstetric anesthesia and maternal-fetal medicine from all over the world.
- Offers abundant figures, tables, and boxes that illustrate the step-by-step management of a full range of clinical scenarios.
- Presents key point summaries in each chapter for quick, convenient reference.
- Stay current on the latest advancements and developments with sweeping updates and new chapters on topics such as patient safety and team approach, transthoracic echocardiography and noninvasive measurement of cardiac output in obstetric patients, psychiatric disorders during pregnancy, neurologic injuries, and more.
- Prevent and plan for potential complications associated with the advancing age of pregnant women. An extensive, state-of-the art discussion of "critical care of obstetric patients" equips you to address any special considerations for this increasing segment.
- Know exactly how to proceed. An abundance of tables and boxes illustrate the step-by-stepmanagement of a full range of clinical scenarios.
- Choose the best drugs available while adhering to the most recent guidelines for obstetric anesthesia.