Now presented in full color, this updated edition of Memory Loss, Alzheimer's Disease, and Dementia is designed as a practical guide for clinicians that delivers the latest treatment approaches and research findings for dementia and related illnesses. Drs. Budson and Solomon - both key leaders in the field - cover the essentials of physical and cognitive examinations and laboratory and imaging studies, giving you the tools you need to consistently make accurate diagnoses in this rapidly growing area.
- Access in-depth coverage of clinically useful diagnostic tests and the latest treatment approaches.
- Case studies have been incorporated into the chapters and facilitate the management of both common and uncommon conditions.
- Comprehensive coverage of hot topics such as chronic traumatic encephalopathy, in addition to new criteria on vascular dementia and vascular cognitive impairment.
- Includes new National Institute on Aging-Alzheimer's Association and DSM-5 criteria for Alzheimer’s Disease and Mild Cognitive Impairment.
- Learn how to use new diagnostic tests, such as the amyloid imaging scans florbetapir (Amyvid), flutemetamol (Vizamyl), and florbetaben (Neuraceq), which can display amyloid plaques in the living brains of patients.
- Updated case studies, many complete with videos illustrating common tests, clinical signs, and diagnostic features, are now incorporated into the main text as clinical vignettes for all major disorders.
- Brand-new chapters on how to approach the differential diagnosis and on primary progressive aphasia.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
A practical guide mirroring clinical workflow intended to be used as a tool for accurately diagnosing dementia for all clinicians. Includes case studies and tests.
|40 MB (42402345 bytes)|